Most homeowners count on reliable kitchen plumbing in Newtown, PA. From fast moving drains to hot dishwater, kitchen plumbing is usually taken for granted until something goes wrong. More than annoying, a plumbing snafu can be costly if it’s not taken care of as soon as possible. These are five of the most common kitchen plumbing complaints we hear.
1. Leaky Faucet: Many leaking faucets can be repaired with a simple twist of the faucet or new washer. Some leaks, though, require a professional repair. Before a leaky faucet gets out of hand – or before DIY efforts make the situation worse – call in a pro. Leaky faucets can lead to skyrocketing water bills fast!
2. Gunky Garbage Disposal: Your garbage disposal is not intended to handle things like grease, which can congeal, and bones, which can have large, jagged edges. To thwart garbage disposal mishaps, avoid putting these things down your disposal. Don’t pour that grease down the drain, either. Find another way to dispose of it that won’t affect your home plumbing.
3. Clogged Drain: When the water that goes into your sink, won’t go out, you can find yourself elbow deep in gross, murky water and floating bits of food. The main causes of kitchen sink clogs are grease, hair and food. If a plunger won’t work quickly, call us. Don’t let a sluggish drain become a complete clog. Our plumbers will root (get it?) out the problem quickly and have your drains restored to their free flowing nature quickly.
4. Low Water Pressure: When water trickles when you expect it to flow freely, it might be as simple as an inadequately turned faucet or as complex as a break in the main water line. Most likely, it’s a buildup of sediment or mineral in your faucet or its aerators. Lime scale buildup could also be the culprit.
5. Dishwasher Drips: A broken float switch in your dishwasher could easily cause it to fill itself with water to the point of overflowing. If you’ve already checked and this isn’t the cause, try tightening the hose clamp screws. Repairs beyond that probably require a plumber.
Some issues are too complex, risky or downright dirty to attempt on your own. Call our certified professionals and restore your kitchen plumbing in Newtown, PA at affordable rates and with reliable service