If your home isn’t equipped with a water filtration system, your water quality is in trouble. Unfiltered tap water is often full of contaminants that affect both the taste of the water and your family’s health. As an experienced plumbing contractor, Central Plumbing knows that many Bucks County homeowners wish they had cleaner, healthier water but it’s often an issue that gets ignored or set aside for a later date. Water quality is an important concern, and Central Plumbing offers homeowners a convenient and affordable solution. With water filtration in Newtown, PA, you’ll successfully avoid these five contaminants.
- Lead: Lead often enters drinking water via old corroded pipes and plumbing fixtures. Up until the 1980’s, lead was a common building material, and unfortunately, it’s still found in many homes across the country. According to the EPA and CDC, there is no such thing as a safe level of lead in a child’s blood. Children exposed to lead through drinking water experience slowed growth, hearing problems, anemia, and lower IQs.
- Fluoride: While fluoride is great for preventing cavities, it’s a highly toxic substance that causes numerous negative health effects. Contrary to popular belief, fluoride is not a nutrient and is considered to be more toxic than lead when ingested in large quantities. Water filtration in Newtown, PA is an effective way to stabilize fluoride levels and protect your family.
- Detergents: Using detergent to clean your clothes is fine, but when it makes its way into your water source, you have a problem. You can usually tell if your water is contaminated by detergent by its smell and taste. If you suspect that it is, check your septic system for leaks and other issues.
- Pesticides: Pesticides are chemicals used for a number of reasons including insect control, mold removal, and weed killer. They’re good at what they do, but when they get into your drinking water, they cause both short-term and long-term health effects. Damage to the nervous system and several different kinds of cancer are common side effects of drinking water contaminated by pesticides.
- Nitrates: Nitrates are often used in fertilizers, and heavy rain can cause runoff that carries those chemicals directly into groundwater. Not much is known about the long-term health effects of nitrate, but research suggests it contributes to miscarriages, birth defects, and certain kinds of cancer.
Central Plumbing has been dedicated to water filtration in Newton, PA for over 13 years. If you’re not satisfied with your water quality, they’ll help you find an effective solution. Call them today to schedule a consultation, or visit their website to learn more about their water filtration services.