Sewage backup in your home is a health hazard, and the inability to flush toilets, use the shower, or wash your hands can cause a major disruption in your day. Determining if your sewer is clogged can be confusing, but there are some signs to look for including:
- All drains are slow or completely stopped
- Strong odor coming from drains
- Sewage backup in showers or tubs
You need to address this problems right away — which is why Central Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning’s offers same day sewer cleaning service. We can have you back up and running on the day of your call.
Sewer Drain Clog Causes
The sewer drain routes all of the dirty water from your toilets, showers, tubs, sinks, washing machines and dishwashers out of your home and into the main sewer line. Clogs can develop in your home’s sewer drain for a number of reasons including:
- Paper waste
- Tree roots
All sewer systems can become clogged, but just because the problem is common doesn’t mean you can ignore it. Overtime, clogs can result in larger complications, unsanitary conditions, and expensive damage.
Sewer Drain Clog Solutions
As soon as you suspect that your sewer drain is clogged, it is critical to have one of our plumbers come check out the problem. Sewer drains are part of your home plumbing system, and the length of the drain that runs from your home to the street or main line is typically the homeowner’s responsibility. Determining the location and severity of the drain clog is essential to making sure that the clog is removed and addressed correctly.
Our technicians will do the following when they come to your home:
- Inspect the drain line with a specialized drain camera: This camera allows us to see exactly what is causing the clog and helps us determine the best course of action. Tree roots, which tend to invade underground pipes for moisture, are commonly found in drain lines and need to be removed. In addition, the holes or gaps that allowed the tree roots into the drain need to be repaired.
- Hydro jetting the drain: Years of use can cause a thick layer of grime and buildup to coat your sewer drain. This hinders normal waste items from flowing out of the drain. Hydro-jetting is the best way not only to remove the actual clog, whether it is grime or tree roots, but also to clean the drains, restoring them to their original diameter. Hydro-jetting uses high-pressure water to remove clogs and residue.
Sewer Cleaning Benefits
Ignoring a sewer drain clog will lead to more damage to your home or business. Having your sewer drain cleaned by Central Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning’s professional plumbers will not only fix the issue at hand, but also protect you from having clogs develop in the future.
Do not ignore a slow drain. Call Central Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today to stay on top of all of your drain problems!