If you have one or more leaky faucets in your home, call Central, your number one plumber in Yardley. Even if you’re only mildly irritated by the drip-drip-dripping sound from the sink, it’s both environmentally responsible and financially smart to get a leaky faucet fixed as soon as possible.
Leaky Faucet Fast Facts
Here are some interesting and educational facts from the United States Environmental Protection Agency:
- Per year, a single leaky faucet that drips one drop of water per second can waste over 3,000 gallons of water—approximately the amount of water needed for 180 showers!
- 10% of U.S. households have leaks that amount to 90 gallons of wasted water per day… or more.
- Each year in the United States, household leaks amount to more than 1 trillion gallons. To put this amount in perspective, consider this: the same amount of water can meet the annual needs of more than 11 million homes.
With more than 30 states currently facing water shortages and experts predicting even worse shortages in the future, it’s clear that any responsible homeowner should do his or her best to minimize waste. Moreover, limiting waste also results in lower utilities bills—so it just makes good business sense!
Fixing a Leaky Faucet
Now you’ve decided to fix that leaky faucet, you’ll need to figure out why it’s leaking. This can be due to a number of reasons:
- the washer is worn out
- the washer’s not installed properly
- the valve seat is corroded
- the O ring is worn out or loose
- the seals are worn through
Though none of these problems are difficult to fix, it certainly helps if you have some experience with plumbing. You’ll need to turn off the water main, pinpoint the issue, and repair or replace the broken parts. Fortunately, you can save yourself a lot of time and energy by calling Central Plumbing. Our expert plumbers know exactly what to look for and how to fix faucet leaks. Moreover, the parts and labor come with a warranty, so if anything’s not right after the job’s completed, you won’t be out of pocket.
So save yourself and the planet: call Central Plumbing to fix that leaky faucet today!