July 31, 2015
It’s the middle of the summer and your air conditioner isn’t working properly any more, so it’s only natural that you’re considering Southampton AC replacement. However, it’s important to understand that there are some unscrupulous AC dealers out there who routinely take advantage of homeowners looking for relief from the summer’s heat.
Protect Yourself From Scammers
Keep the following points in mind to avoid the scams:
- Be informed. Before calling a contractor, research what’s going on with your AC online. This will enable you to gauge whether an estimate is correct or not.
- Don’t pay for an estimate. Estimates should be free and transparently priced. An HVAC contractor who charges you for a quote isn’t trustworthy.
- Read reviews and check ratings. Go to the Yellow Pages, Angie’s List, Yelp or HomeAdvisor to find out what other customers have to say. This is a very useful way to find top-rated HVAC technicians in your area.
- Get two or three estimates before selecting a contractor. This will allow you to compare services and prices, and if any one of them looks suspiciously high or unreasonable, you’ll know it’s not trustworthy.
- Always ask for a written contract. Your HVAC technician should provide you with a job order that lists the date, details of the necessary work plus any replacement parts and of course, the price.
- Ask for any replaced parts. That way, you can be sure that any replacement parts you’re paying for actually were replaced.
- Only pay for Freon if there’s a leak. Freon is expensive, but it shouldn’t need to be topped off unless you have a leak. So make sure that if filling up on Freon is on the list of charges, that there’s also a leak detection item.
- Don’t agree to AC replacement unless it’s absolutely necessary. First, unless your AC has been severely damaged, it should last for around 10 years. And second, replacing your AC is costly. Make sure there are no alternatives by researching AC replacement online and getting multiple quotes.
Call Central Plumbing for Southampton AC Replacement
Of course, if you really want to be sure you’re getting trustworthy, quality HVAC services, call Central Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning. We’re dedicated to providing homeowners and business owners in the Southampton area with top-notch AC services, which includes everything from free estimates and transparent pricing to explanations of repairs and objective advice about AC replacement So don’t let the warm weather get to you: call Central Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today!
Areas We Service
- Huntington Valley
- Langhorne Manor
- New Britain
- New Hope
- Arcadia University
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Fort Washington
- Haverford College
- King of Prussia
- Maple Glen
- Plymouth Meeting
- Spring House
- Willow Grove